Normal opening hours are 10am to 4pm Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Our office is open from 0945 – 1315 Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and on alternate Thursdays and Saturdays.
IN FEBRUARY HALF TERM WE WILL BE OPEN EVERY DAY FROM MONDAY 18TH TO SATURDAY 23RD FEBRUARY
Address: Maidenhead Heritage Centre, 18 Park Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1SL
Telephone: 01628 780555 (from UK)/ +44 1628 780555 (outside UK)
Maidenhead railway station is just 7 minutes walk away. Buses stop at various places in the town centre; check the timetable links for details.
|London||Train: Every 15 minutes|
|London Heathrow airport||Train: Every 30 minutes, change Hayes & Harlington|
|Bracknell||Bus: (Courtney: 53) 13 per day|
|Henley||Train: Hourly, change Twyford|
|High Wycombe||Bus: (Arriva: 37) Hourly|
|Reading||Train: Every 15 minutes|
|Slough||Train: Every 15 minutes|
|Bus: (First: 4) Every 30 minutes|
|Windsor||Train: Every 15 minutes from Windsor Central, change Slough|
|Bus: (Courtney: 16, 16A) 13 per day|
For SATNAV use SL6 1SL.
The Centre is 5 minutes from M4 Jct8/9. Follow signs to Maidenhead Central via A308. From Windsor driving time is 15-20 mins. The Centre does not have its own car park, but the following public car parks are available (charges apply):
- Grove Road car park – pay and display car park immediately next to the museum.
- Town Hall car park (only available Saturdays, Sundays, evenings and bank holidays): Park Street, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 1RF, immediately opposite the museum.
- Nicholsons car park: The Broadway, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 1NT. To reach the museum from the car park, do not follow signs to the shop but leave the car park on the street side. Turn left down Broadway, cross Queen Street and at the end of Broadway turn right. The museum is ahead of you on the right. From Maidenhead High Street, turn into Park Street at HSBC Bank.
The ground floor of the Heritage Centre is wheelchair friendly with an accessible toilet. The upstairs ‘Grandma Flew Spitfires’ gallery can be accessed via a lift.
A disabled parking space is available immediately in front of the Heritage Centre entrance. MHC front-of-house staff monitor the bay for misuse by non-Blue Badge holders. The entrance is fully wheelchair accessible with wide automatic doors that can be activated by appropriately-marked and positioned door-opening buttons.
All visitors are greeted by staff on entry, any specific needs are addressed, and guiding is available. Seating is provided for visitors while waiting. Documentation can be offered at desktop height, or on a clipboard.
We are committed to providing maximum access to the collections. Physical access to the collections is as follows:
- Designated handling collections are incorporated in to the formal/informal learning provision
- Supervised object handling is available as part of in-house special events and outreach
- Supervised access to the collections for research purposes is available on request, subject to notice.
Online and curated access is as follows:
- The website
- Social media
- In-house talks programme
- Formal/informal learning provision
- Outreach, events & offsite talks programme.
- Enquiry service.
- In-house ‘drop in’ research facilities.
Please give us some notice if there are any specific needs that you would like us to accommodate.
General admission is free!, and it gives you access to all the exhibitions and services in the ground floor:
- “The Story of Maidenhead” permanent exhibition
- Temporary exhibitions in the Sammes Gallery
- Dressing up for children
- Previous exhibitions and children’s activities on our PC
- Reference library
- Gift shop
The ATA admission gives you access to the ATA exhibition and archive on the first floor. Tickets are valid for repeat visits for 12 months.
- Children under 11: free
- Ages 11-16: £2
- Adults: £3.50
- Concessions: £3
Spitfire flight costs
Have you ever wondered what it is like to fly a Spitfire? The cost below is for instruction & flight time in our Spitfire simulator.
- 15 minutes flight: £7.50 Recommended for children aged 8+
- 30 minutes flight: £15.00 Recommended for adults and children aged 16+ HALF TERM OFFER 60 mins for £15, 30 mins for £7.50
The Maidenhead Heritage Centre is a registered charity (Charity number: 1045746). UK taxpayers are welcome to make a Gift Aid donation. By making a Gift Aid donation the government will give us the tax that you have paid, at no cost to yourself; that is 25p for every £1.
Although the Centre does not have a cafe, the town centre (5 minutes walk) has coffee shops, pubs and restaurants.