Address: Maidenhead Heritage Centre, 18 Park Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1SL
Telephone: 01628 780555
Click here to take a Tour of the Maidenhead Heritage Centre
The Tour was constructed by: Andy Crowhurst of Overshoot Photos, Google Trusted Photographer: 01628 56 99 22/ 07973 135 575
Maidenhead Railway Station – 7 mins walk
The Centre does not have a car park, but the following public car parks are available (charges apply):
- Grove Road car park – pay and display car park immediately next to the museum. Vehicle access from York Road
- Town Hall car park (only available Saturdays, Sundays, evenings and bank holidays): Park Street, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 1RF, immediately opposite the museum.
- Nicholsons car park: The Broadway, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 1NT. To reach the museum from the car park, do not follow signs to the shop but leave the car park on the street side. Turn left down Broadway, cross Queen Street and at the end of Broadway turn right. The museum is ahead of you on the right. From Maidenhead High Street, turn into Park Street at HSBC Bank.
We are open from 10am to 4pm Tuesdays to Saturdays, and on the second Sunday of each month (morning only) for Maidenhead Farmers Markets.
Please note that the “Grandma Flew Spitfires” exhibition and the Spitfire simulator are not open on Farmers Market mornings.
Our office is closed on Mondays and from 1.30pm on Fridays.
Easter 2017. The museum will be closed on Good Friday 14 April, open on Easter Saturday 15 April and then open as usual from Tuesday 18 April.
General admission is free!, and it gives you access to all the exhibitions and services in the ground floor:
- “The Story of Maidenhead” permanent exhibition
- Temporary exhibitions in the Sammes Gallery
- Costumes for children
- Previous exhibitions and children’s activities on our PC
- Reference library
- Gift shop
The ATA admission gives you access to the ATA museum and the Grandma Flew Spitfires exhibition, on the first floor. Tickets are valid for 12 months.
- Children under 11: free
- Ages 11-16: £2
- Adults: £3.50
- Concessions: £3
Spitfire flight costs
Have you ever wondered what it is like to fly a Spitfire? The cost below instruction & flight time in our Spitfire simulator.
- 15 minutes flight: £7.50
- 30 minutes flight: £15.00
The Maidenhead Heritage Centre is a registered charity (Charity number: 1045746). UK taxpayers are welcome to make a Gift Aid donation. By making a Gift Aid donation the government will give us the tax that you have paid, at no cost to yourself; that is 25p for every £1.
The Centre does not have a drink or eating facility. The town centre, located at 5 minutes walking distance, has coffee shops, pubs and restaurants.